Who are the SLES Steering Group?
How to join us
SLES Steering Group
We have established a fantastic steering group who meet regularly to plan and to put in place initiatives towards the standard. The group consists of parents, teachers, governors and other members of the Ruddington Community.
What we have done so far:
- Audited the school environment to ensure it is inclusive and that it celebrates diversity
- Thought carefully about how to introduce the children to the story of Stephen Lawrence
- Planned and delivered a fantastic Caribbean and carnival week
- Organised for storytellers and relevant visitors to talk to the children
- Planned and held a Cultural Evening, which due to its success, will now become an annual event
- Established links with organisations in the community to help us deliver our message and to help with fundraising
- Considered teaching activities that support diversity and helped to introduce them into the curriculum
- Sent questionnaires to parent(s)/carer(s) to gauge opinions on the school’s commitment to equality
- Established media coverage in the Nottingham Evening Post and village newsletters
Still to come:
- Further establish links with other schools and universities
- Connect with additional community groups
- Forge links with overseas schools
- Plan annual Cultural evenings and Community events
- And plenty more…!
Our meetings are very informal and lots of fun (and often involve cake and nibbles!)
We'd love you to come and join us (you don't need to have a child at James Peacock – its open to anybody within the community) - get in touch:
Phone the school office - 0115 914 4225